Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Backward, Well Maybe...

The previous post is to do with me trying to resolve my reluctance to throw things out. I had made up my mind to dispose of twenty seven of my forty six computers.

Don't ask.

Anyway, one of the computers scheduled for expulsion is a Sun 386i, which has the novel feature of having all the developers names molded into the plastic of the side case. I would hate to dispose of this without being sure that none of the named developers was actually looking for this computer.
I went searching for info and pictures, but failed to find any of high resolution, thus I have taken some and uploaded them to my Photobucket account here.
If you are interested in the names, or know of anyone on the development team who would be interested in looking at the pictures, please forward them the URL.

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/sanspantaloons/SUN386i/

I may not throw it out. . .

6 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

That may just be a collectors item Sans. That even pre-dates my time at Sun!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Cooper Green said...

Good grief, Sans, you can't throw any of those out. They are all treasures, and you should continue to allow them to take up far too much space in your home until some reasonable solution presents itself in the unforseeable future.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, I'll need to google all the names and see if I can find any history.

Coop; That is exactly what I thought! BUT, I have to make room for my Scanning Electron Microscope.

8:53 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I think it's time to weed out your collection a bit...

2:24 PM  
Anonymous teri said...

This makes me wonder what Bill Gates and Steve Jobs' houses look like.

Do you think they've kept every computer they ever made or owned?

5:49 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Joe, you are right of course, but I am weak. They are my children.

Teri, I'm sure Bill & Steve have kept some early stuff for sentimental reasons, but they can also afford the space required. I have to build tunnels.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home