Tuesday, August 04, 2009

6 Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy Meme.

A thousand years ago, Julia from A Piece Of My Mind set me the 6 unimportant things that make me happy meme.

I have been thinking about this since then, and cannot think of anything that makes me happy.  I can only think of the countless things that make me unhappy. It's not that I'm unhappy normally. I'm just a misanthropic curmudgeon.

However, if I were to encounter happiness tied to an unimportant event, the following may be some of them:

  1. When I sit down  at my office desk, and wonder if I remembered to turn off the cooker gas ring that morning, then remember I'm all electric. That makes me happy.
  2. When I wake up in the morning, and find that the men in the white coats who came to take me away was all a dream. That makes me so happy, I collect my breakfast tray from the slot in the door and enjoy it in peace.
  3.  When I look in the mirror with my right ear, and know that I am perfectly normal.

  4. When I watch re-runs of 'Lost In Space' and it reminds me of home.  That makes me happy.
  5. When I think of how people can overcome their troubles & sweep aside barriers to progress by using their inventive intellect. this makes me happy.
  6. When I lay down to sleep at night, and know that however fucked up this existence is, if we are nice to each other, and treat everyone with grace and understanding, we may come out the other end with our souls' intact.

The traffic will still be jammed up of course, it's just that we won't feel the need to pump our horns. 

10 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

Sigh... I wish I could see out of my ear!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Cooper Green said...

You might have seen Some Guy's Q-Tip-In-The-Ear video. It's enough to bring wax to your eye.

4:24 AM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

Amen to 5 & 6, Sans!

Nice one, Cooper Green!

9:39 AM  
Blogger anne altman said...

lost in space. fave.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, you could have a tat...

Coop, I submit.

Chris, thank you!

Anne, totes!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Miss Alex said...

I think you're a wonderful man that at least makes ME happy...

4:48 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

I concur with Some Guy. I enjoyed this!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Miss Alex, I hope you have a GREAT holiday!

Bubbles, thank you. I wish you luck in your search.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

'When I wake up in the morning, and find that the men in the white coats who came to take me away was all a dream. That makes me so happy, I collect my breakfast tray from the slot in the door and enjoy it in peace.'

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Julia, there is a sign above my front door. It says 'Welcome to the Asylum'.

It's on the inside.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home