Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Lady.

This Lady materialised into my life exactly 56 minutes after midnight on the 9th of May 2009.
Every moment since then has been devoted to her. She in is my thoughts constantly during the day, and at night in my sleep.
I can feel her.
I have ran my hands down her every curve. Explored her. Stroked her. Held her up to the light and marvelled at her design.
Lest you think I am obsessed, I submit I am obsessed.

Herewith find the proof.

The original graphic above, colour ink jet printed to A4 size, approx 8" x 12".

A vector 0.3mm line plot, framed 8" x 10".

A vector 0.6mm line plot, framed 12" x 16".


The Lady etched in copper, mounted onto a copper board below my kitchen ventilator hood.

Work which is in progress. Anne Altman kindly forwarded me a graphic of the Lady as a leaded glass window. After some searching, I have found this to be the work of Andrea Bertone, who lives near Austin TX. This persuaded me to think of how I can work in leaded glass, but with the high resolution I require.
Meanwhile, as a trial, I am preparing a glass frame that I can paint onto, shown in the pictures below. I have not yet committed paint to it , since I am unsure of how it will turn out.


The Lady outlined with 0.5mm fabric tape, ready for painting with transparent glass paint.
If I am sufficiently pleased, I'll post the results.

Obsession is fuel to the soul.

All homage to Margaret Macdonald Mackintosh who is the designer.

14 Comments:

Blogger anne altman said...

the prints look fierce framed! or not!

how did you get the fabric tape down so accurately?

have you ever used glass paint? i "stained" (painted) some of the clear glass panes in a leaded glass antique window i hung in front my bathroom. it's fun* like watercolors

*fun -and a little frustrating/challenging- like watercolors, but unlike watercolors you can use paint remover

7:30 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

here's where you can see the 'frustrating' but when the light shines thru it doesn't matter that it's sloppy it's still pretty when it reflects the colors on the floor

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UIIt_EkiqfA/SXOcxd912JI/AAAAAAAAHGU/D0t0tigzKlE/s1600-h/IMG_0028.JPG

7:35 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

I love it, Sans! Very beautiful.

1:35 AM  
Blogger love, jenn said...

You are so cool.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Anne, I had a drawing underneath the glass and merely traced the layout. I have never previously used glass paint, but just finished my first application to the glass frame. It is fun! I also intend to use some nail varnish to give me many reds and possibly some glitter effects. It's looking good so far, although it would be best to hang the finished piece in front of, or attached to a window, instead of hung like a painting. I shall give this some thought. I have always admired your antique window. You did an excellent job. It is beautiful!

Bubbles, thank you. We will see what the finished article looks like...

Jenn, I am not worthy...

6:43 PM  
Blogger joe said...

Sans, you need a real lady in your life. I doubt it'd be that difficult to find one. All the chicks love you. You're a babe magnet.

5:24 AM  
Blogger joe said...

... I mean, look at the way Anne's shamelessly throwing herself at you...

5:25 AM  
Blogger Miss Alex said...

WOW... I'm so lucky that you sent me some...

I was so busy the week you sent them with my art show and then running around like a mad woman the 2 wks after I didnt get a chance to post about it.

I shall do this. *grin* :) I promise.

I sincerely hope you're doing well.... I miss some of my bloggers when life gets crazy.

I adore the prints you sent me. Many thanks Sans...

2:31 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Joe, I should be so lucky...

Miss Alex, I have enjoyed reading your mad exploits! I'm glad you like the prints. My Lady on glass is proving difficult, but hopefully I can turn her around.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Don't listen to Joe. Obsession is the best friend of creativity.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I can't wait to see the final result!

What I wouldn't give for some hands running down my every curve...lucky lady.

6:00 PM  
Blogger joe said...

Well, Teri's got some free hands, if you're not the "choosy" type, that is...

6:45 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Julia, I concur!

Lynda, maybe a massage?

Joe, are you speaking from experience?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! I wondered where you had been, but now I see the obsession and why. Beautiful stuff!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home