Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Blogger.

I am just a poor boy and my posts' are seldom read
I have squandered all my freetime for a pocketful of comments, some are promises
All lies and jest, still the man reads what he wants to read
And disregards the rest, hmmmm

When I made my blog and profile, I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers
In the glow of the phosphor screen, typin' scared
Laying low, seeking out the clever bloggers, where the brilliant people go
Looking for the places only they would know

Li la li...

Asking only for opinion, I come lookin' for a guest, but I get no offers
Just a come on from the staff at lovely payperpost
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome
I took some comfort there...

Now the firstyear has rolled by me, they are knockin' even me
I am older than I once was, and younger than I'll be, that's not unusual
No it isn't strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same
After Beta we are more or less the same

Li la li...

And I'm uploading my draft posts, wishing they were done, clickin' done
Hoping the new york city bloggers are readin' me, leadin' me to go on...

In the clearing stands a blogger, and a writer by his trade
And he carries the reminders of every quip that laid him down or cut him
til' he cried out in his anger and his hurt
I am leaving, I am leaving, but the blogger still remains
Yet he still remains

Li la li...

Maximum respect to Paul Simon.

15 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Espanya said...

Oh, Sans, you're so great. You're not quitting are you? Hurry up and answer my post from yesterday, slacker.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

wait. stop. you arent leaving us are ya?

...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Very clever. But that performer get-up has got to go.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

It seems a congratulations is in order in maintaining your blog for the past year and reaching the heights and the lows that you have achieved on this one year anniversary of the inception of your blog without pants.

Shall I get the "No Pants" Girl to help celebrate?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Tanya; No, no plans to quit. Sorry for the tardy reply.

BPR; No, the words do not refer to me personally. I tried to make them topical, but general I hope.

Blogarita, Thank you. The get-up may get worse before it gets better.

Doctor Mom, Thank you. The no-pants girl is always welcome! I have achieved some tremendous lows.

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was excellent, Sans (o:

4:06 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

Outstanding! Thanks for the smile (again)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Blue Beak said...

Dick, Thank you.

AB, I'm glad you smiled!

Doctor Mom, I have a WP account now but cannot login to comment at your place. It says I don't exist.
I'll try a different machine...

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Hey BlueBeak!, You're supposed to be my SECRET identity.

Shucks.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed Bluebeak. aLOT.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

LOve me so some sans pantaloons and Paul Simon in the morning/

6:02 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Shoot! I think I deleted the no pants girl!

I'll try to find her to help celebrate your blogaversary

8:37 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Dick, I apologise for the lack of BB updates. He's not talking to me at present.

Mel, I might even sing it!

Doctor Mom, although it's a year past the date when I started commenting, my post blogaversary really isn't till July.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Correction, I'll make that August.

Ach, I'm still a wee boy...

5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sans, is this a goodbye? Are you starting a different blog? What will happen to Blog Writers and Artists without you?? AIEEE!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home