Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Alert.

All forms of TV as we know it are doomed. Finished.
It is a passive legacy entertainment medium and simply cannot compete with an interactive fun fest of 'blogging'.

I use 'blogging' emphasised because I do not believe this will be the final name. Someone will think of something better, more elegant. That is the way with bloggers; they are elegant societies, full of wit, fun, intellect, social & moral comment and charm. They are not divided by reality markers such as color, religion, ethnicity, class or wealth, but by something more real, much deeper; closer to the tribal roots of the human condition, something I do not know the name for, but we all recognise it immediately.

I'd like to call it 'Home'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

I often blog on the laptop and watch TV. Well, lately I have been blogging at work.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Lynda, I actually do that too, but I find that I only take in about 10% of whatever is on. I never give my full concentration to the TV when I'm online. If the show is one I specially wanted to watch, I feel kinda cheated at the end. After an hour of TV, I've only seen six minutes.
I now feel that the TV is on simply because it's traditional or just noise in the background.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging is truly a meeting of the minds.
No visual clues, no real hint of another's appearance, age, background, history, education (well, perhaps a little of this based on writing skills)--unless the information is freely offered.
NOTHING but knowing others' minds through their writing and communication alone. Very cool. Sort of an equalizer like no other.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

gotta love it!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Zed, Excellent!

Jen, I do, probably too much.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Much better than TV, I agree!!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home