Sunday, November 07, 2010

Just In Time For Christmas.

Update on the CRM box light version 2.

Shown above, the boards being fitted with LEDs. Two each of red, green, blue, and white.

Shown above, the boards assembled and the LEDs under test. Very pretty colours/colors.
The lamp itself will function more as an entertainment device. I will use a PIC microcontroller to cycle the colours/colors and produce dimming effects via pulse width modulation, while leaving the white LEDs under linear dimmer control via a potentiometer.

Shown above, a photoshop mock-up of how the finished lamp will look, once I bash out another copper dome for it.
Version one is now installed above my PC, and provides illumination on many levels.

9 Comments:

Blogger 1st Lady said...

Fantastic. Please let me know when you have some on the market!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, thank you. It's all good fun!

1st Lady, thank you. The Willow Tea Rooms do sell replicas if you have a spare £300. This one will work out about the £100 mark.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Wendi said...

Those are lovely! I always knew you could light up a room.

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Kate said...

lovely.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Wendi, thank you. I am incandescent with pride! Now awaiting someone to switch me off. Click.

Kate, thank you.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I bashed out another copper dome today. 25 minutes and two sore arms later, I have myself another pastiche CRM light in progress. Electronics to be fitted & tested tomorrow. Hopefully. With luck.

7:14 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

AMAZEBALLS

12:06 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

thats sooo pretty I loove it!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Anne, It's lookin' good project wise. Need to put all the 'works' into a box, and then it's time to find a place to hang it.
It works well.

Mel, I'm pleased you like it!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home