Thursday, September 23, 2010

Well Suspended.

A little further progress with my CRM pastiche light. Dome attached to the LED boards, and hook fitted for suspension chain.


A paparazzi shot above.

It looks quite good from a distance, and I'm fairly pleased with how it's turned out. The LEDs are being driven at 300mA in the shot above.

The copper dome gives the light a lovely red wine quality, so when I finally find a permanent home for it, I shall open a bottle and give a toast to CRM-MMM .  Version 2, which is the same board and pattern, but rotated 90 degress, is under construction. Don't know yet if I will make a copper dome for it, or use an alternative device.

4 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

Nice work, it looks great!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, thank you. I am pretty pleased with it. As a side note, an original shade was sold in 2002 for $52,064 so mine must be worth at least a good ten bucks!
Christie's Auction page here.

3:14 PM  
Blogger togoh said...

this is so cool!
it's much cooler when people make their own lamps instead of just buying one! I'm already envious to make some for my own apartment one day..

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

togoh, thank you. LED's are the future. I added a few red & blue LEDs to give it a little character. Version 2 is spectactular in its colour variations. I may make some more if & when I have time available...

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home