Thursday, April 02, 2009

Technology Chocolate.

I thought I would justify my absence by letting everyone know what is happening.
Assuming anyone is interested in my shallow wasteful crumb-filled USB half-life, that is.

As advanced in the post below, I am studying the artwork of Margaret MacDonald Mackintosh and her husband Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I was looking at pictures today taken in 'A House for an Art Lover' based on their drawings. The House was built in Bellahouston Park. Glasgow, Scotland in the early nineties. A holiday video showing the interior of the House, submitted to YouTube, is here.

The video above should open in a new window.
The object of my study is to produce some reasonable covers for submission to my online gallery.
In tandem with this, I am currently working on a number of hardware projects, one being a UFO Plasma Levitation Drive. I managed to sneak out a short video shown below.



Another hardware project is to build an interactive whiteboard using Johnny Lee's software and a Wii remote, but it is Johnny's 3D head tracking demo that I want to seek your opinion on.

In the demo above when Johnny attaches the IR bar to the camera, I get a very real illusion of 3D.
The person standing next to me gets a very real illusion of 3D too, but neither of us is wearing 3D or polarised glasses. I haven't seen any of the latest 3D movies to garner a comparison, but it is an interesting illusion, especially since a lot of movie effects are computer generated these days.
What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheer34 said...

That was really cool....did not understand the technical part but the 3 d visual was cool.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Cheer, I concur. Very cool effect!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home