Saturday, September 16, 2006

Timelord.

This post references the previous post 'Fear of Sausages'.

I haven't managed to work out a price on it yet. I'm more of the backroom boffin than the marketing guru. It is rather fun though. I'm actually using it to write the manual.

I have designed the algorithm to work like this:

When the device is switched on it allows the wearer to enter a parallel dimension, created at the point of (power on) and exactly parallel to that of the wearer. This means everything will be exactly the same as before (power on) except the wearer will have entered a parallel dimension. All other life will carry on exactly as before, with other people living their lives as normal.

Although this is not strictly true as referenced from the original dimension which we shall refer to as DIMZERO. When the device times out 8 hours later, or the user aborts, she/he will be returned to the point (in time) of exit from DIMZERO into DIMONE. There are seventeen memory locations built into the ring which the user can record DIMONE events that will be carried and returned with the user to DIMZERO.The only medium for event transport I have allowed (at present) is in the form of an email, ie written text.


I am trying hard to forsee all the abuses this device can be put to, and preventing them in the code if possible. This may be a bit (spoilsport) since everything that happens in DIMONE is essentially not connected to DIMZERO, but the behaviour of the wearer cannot be controlled and they may surrender to the basic human instincts. I also have zero control over the wearer during their journey, and they may surrender to substance abuse, which when in their system at cellular level will be carried back to DIMZERO. The substance may prevent the user from understanding the 'Returned to DIMZERO' announcement, and if they have surrendered to the basic human instincts, they may still behave as if they are in DIMONE.


I am also unsure of nested use, that is a DIMONE user donning another ITGR and proceeding to DIMTWO.I have not done this, and I may never attempt it. I had thought of preventing the close proximityof two differing ITGRs, but this would prevent couples wishing to jaunt. I have termed the journey from DIMZERO to DIMONE a jaunt.


I have produced some statistics regarding the differences between DIMZERO and DIMONE, and there is a 99.9017% correlation up to the eight hour mark. This would extrapolate to approx 99.17% correlation up to the 24 hour mark. Any further than this and the correlation falls below an acceptable level exactly the same as 'real life' or DIMZERO. This however does lead to the 'Back to the Future' scenario. I have harvested DIMONE gambling results and compared them to DIMZERO, with unfortunately 100% accuracy.


This leads us back to deciding a price. What would you pay?

9 Comments:

Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Ok.

(you lost me)

BTW-- Voting is open in Cul-de-Sac

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$14.95 per hour/ US

Am I being cheap again?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

OK, $14.95 it is, Not bad considering I have spent the last 17 years of my life working on this, and around three million dollars.

Oh, and 65 cents.
I had a cup of coffee in 1990.

Can you explain 'again'?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Again = repeatedly, anew, refresh, once more, moreover, recurrently

I'll trade you American English lessons for Time!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

I'm getting kinda sorry I made this post...

SP bruised & battered.

And hung over...

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the number of people who buy time that counts:

$14.95/hour X 24 hours = $358.80

$358.80 X 7 (1 week of retreived time/person) = $2511.60/person

1500 people signed up at $2511.60 = $3,767,400

You've got your money back and more! ... May I borrow some money? I'm a little cash poor this week.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Zed,
Will you be my accountant?

As regards the loan, I'll see what I can do. It will have to be a foreign currency though, my tax loophole via Antigua can only funnel non $£.
I can't focus too well at present due to lack of alcohol. er.. I mean meds...

You don't happen to know KFed's fone number do you?

3:17 PM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Sans--
Now don't go ringing K-Fed up on the blower

(did I say that correctly? Well, Did I?)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Yes, that is correct.
The etymology of blower is from the days of pneumatic tubes and whistles I believe.

KFed really is pretty tho'...

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home