Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Liberty's 1875-1975.

This image is on the front cover of the Liberty's 1875-1975 Exhibition Catalogue and Exhibition Guide.
It caught my eye, and I am very taken with it, so I have conjured up this interpretation as a computer graphic.
The original can be seen here.
Unfortunately I have not yet identified the original artist, but she, or he, is good. I like it a lot. I will continue my research.

Sans Update 8th February 2012.
The artist responsible for the design of this image is still unknown. The Liberty's catalogue was produced by the Victoria and Albert Museum, but published by HMSO in 1975, and all the staff involved have now retired. Tineye reports zero results, although the image appears on the cover of both the catalogue and the guide.
My search continues.

2 Comments:

Blogger togoh said...

looks really cool like the birds melt with the tree, but still have this look of flying.. :)

7:00 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

togoh; yes, I concur. It is really cool!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home