Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Poetic Amalgam.

Some Notes.
The words are an amalgam from Dante Gabriel Rossetti, 'The Willowwood Sonnets' and John Keats, the 'Ode on Melancholy'.
The graphic is an amalgam of Melania, named by the Fabulous Jenn Wehrung, who first appeared in this post, and again in this post, and a design for book cover by MMM, entitled 'The Story Of A River'. I believe the original drawing for the book cover is lost, and now only exists as an image in a book.
There is a tale in there somewhere. All homage to MMM.

2 Comments:

Blogger love, jenn said...

Melania looks lovely and sad along the river.... Genius work, as always!!

10:18 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Jenn, thank you!
I'm thinking of making this piece a lot bigger. MMM included other parts in the book cover that I feel I should include, so I will keep plodding away until I'm happy.
Or at least content...

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home