Friday, August 28, 2009

Middle Aged Indiscretion.

An updatette on the latest window project. I made a paper template of the window using straightforward  measurement and, since I needed an angle on it, a protractor.

It was a rainy day, so I took the template for a walk over to the transparent adhesive backed film on the shelf next to the fake Maltese Falcon,  and held it up for comparison.  It was no good. I was a lousy detective. Sans Spade it said on the window, so there was no way I could dig the whole project.

Sorry about that, I got lost in a Humphrey Bogart moment..

I made a template, used it to cut out two pieces of adhesive backed film to the window shape, and  mounted them onto a lightbox in their approximate final position together. I then started to apply the polyester coated crepe paper tape to form the rose design.

The application in pictures as it progressed, above and below. Lots of tea and biscuits in between these pictures.

The design has changed a little from that first drawing, hopefully for the better. The next step is to cut out and apply the coloured/colored film.  Such an exciting life I lead. 

6 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

It looks like a tea and biscuits project!

12:27 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

Hey, where is the load of balls?

7:05 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Lynda, the food of the obsessive!

Dale, you are too kind.

11:32 AM  
Blogger love, jenn said...

I so applaud your tea and biscuits project that I had some myself! Hobnob Creams and PG Tips!!

Tomorrow- I may have a scone and cream and perhaps a pasty if you need more support! :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

i'm considering cleaning out my bedroom closet and painting a crappy ceiling fan.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Jenn, I simply l o v e scones with cream! (and strawberry jam...)

Anne, you are very beautiful, very gracious, very talented and Doodle and I do love you madly.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home