Friday, March 21, 2008

Stories from the food file.

I was just handed a menu from a Chinese Restaurant, and into my head popped a memory from a previous life.

In this instance I was in an office, normally occupied by three of us, but on this particular day, I was alone. Feeling sorry for myself at lunchtime, I decided to order a Chinese take-away meal from the Restaurant four blocks up the street.
I perused their menu and duly phoned my order in: Name-Pantaloons, OK, I would like a #17, OK, order ready in 30 Min's. Okay!

I walked the four blocks to the Restaurant to collect my meal, approached the counter and stated the required information. It just so happened that I had been too busy salivating over the menu to notice I had ordered a meal for 4.
And people wonder why I'm big-boned.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't matter, you'll be hungry again in an hour anyway...

Have a nice weekend! :)

2:06 PM  
Blogger SkylersDad said...

No problem if you keep some for leftovers, big problem if it's all gone right away!

4:15 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Midleah, BWahahha! I'll need to watch John Pinette again. Thanks. You have a great weekend too!

SkylersDad, I swear I did not finish it all. Not that I didn't consider it. It would have been just one waffa thin prawn cracker later, and I would have been all over the wall like Mr. Creosote.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh, you guys are from Scotland? One time, I was in Cornwall it was Christmas break from school, I had taken the train there with my surfboard and I was staying at a little bed & breakfast place and there were these Scotish people staying there on holiday. But I couldn't understand them when they spoke, it took me a couple of days and finally I understood them, but they were so neat. How lucky you are to live where you do, I envy all of you. Wish I had some of that chinese, the pizza wasn't very good after I took the meat off. Bye for now, groovy blog.

XXX

1:23 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Marjorie, Welcome! Thank you for you kind comments. Cornwall is very beautiful, and the waves can be great. I believe there is some good surfing in the Outer Hebrides on the North-West coast of Lewis.
The coast where you stay is also beautiful. I'm sorry about your pizza, but I hope your bath was relaxing!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home