Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Trying To Find...

After a couple of years using compact digital cameras, I have finally relented and purchased a pre-owned/secondhand Canon digital SLR. I mentioned my film SLR ownership previously in this post, and could never justify the purchase of a digital SLR, but this pre-owned beauty was just too attractive, and once I held her, I could not put her down.

This brings me to trying to find my photographic eye. I'm pretty sure I know a good photograph when I see one, but trying to take a good photograph is proving difficult for me. I have too many years of taking photographs to document Engineering projects where everything has to be at right angles and there must be a ruler in view to convey scale. Not good for artful pictures.

I am hopeful. Some pictures shown below for your perusal. The style is still pretty documentary unfortunately, but some nice bits when cropped, such as the magpie.










These taken in the grounds of Hamilton Parish Church.

And to finish this post, please find a graphic from a few years ago of model Marcus Schenkenberg, whose website is here. Webmaster Tools says Marcus is popular, and I am here to please!

4 Comments:

Blogger love, jenn said...

I think they are some loverly and artful pics! You are good with the bird pics! Maybe the magpie and the robin need to get together?? :)

I particularly like the 2nd one... tres peaceful! I feel like I could lay down in all the petals and sleep like the dead!! HA HA HA (see what I did?) (let not the joke take away from the compliment, however)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Congratulations on the camera!

5:16 PM  
Blogger anne altman said...

i'd love an SLR

my Canon Elph is wonderful but doesn't shoot well sans flash in dimly lit situations -- sleeping babies, wiggling babies--and the flash sparks and smokes when i use it.

c'est dangereux!

babies don't react well to flash or fire. . .

11:14 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Jenn, thank you. It is an oasis of peace in a busy town. I did try to lay down and sleep, but the squirrels kept pecking my nuts.

Identity, thank you. I hope I can someday approach your standard.

Anne, it does sound dangerous. I'll keep my ears open for any good deals!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home