Sunday, March 01, 2009

A Tag By Dale.

Dale has tagged me with a six things meme. On an topical edible note, it is nice to know the Canadian Postal System is as fudged up as the British Postal System.

Is a past life worth anything, or is it nought?
Is this the craft of the author, to take the solid but ordinary foundation of a soul, and to weave a remarkable and charismatic story?

I am not an author. My story so far is none of the above. It is however, mine.

The fudge tale has brought back memories from a past life, and I will embroider this meme accordingly.

I was employed by the Postal Service an infinite number of years ago plus one. It was a good life, and one that I remember fondly.
I learned many things. The picture below is of myself tending to the machinery required to harvest and control the energy from lightning storms. This enormous amount of energy was used to give life to the monsters I constructed from spare body parts. The operating table is just out of shot to the right.
Many of my creations went on to become bankers.


Pictured above is a previous love of that life. Closest to us, her name was 'G' ALF. She started life as a B1 model using thermionic valves as her control electronics, later upgraded to a B6 using 4000 series CMOS by yours truly.
I was not her Master, but her servant. Her Master was NG, the one, the only, the true genius of our time.
All hail Norman Getty!

Pictured above is Norman in classic pose, attending to one of the brick units from G.
I don't have Norman's permission to post his picture, but I'm reasonably sure he won't mind. (too much)

Many of the people I worked with in the P.O. were and are, exceptional and extremely clever. Over those infinite number of years minus one, I attended many training courses. Shown below is another true genius, the famous Instructor E.L.Heggie. instructing the class on Brain Salad Surgery.

Working life then was different. The pace today is much faster and more stressful. It was better then.


The above video is not for those afraid of feet. I think this was a Saturday and Jimmy R. and Jim B. were on shift.
I was in to record some video on the roof, and just happened to capture this while visiting the guys.

My P.O. existence careered onward towards judgement day when this image below was captured as I queued for an optics upgrade. I had won this enhancement in recognition of my character.



Technology advanced through the years and my surgical skills improved to such an extent that I was allowed to take to the roads in a mobile monster creation van pictured above. The lightning gathering rods on the roof worked best when atop a hill. Many of the creations I made in this van went on to become politicians.

And there you have six memories from my long and distant past. It is nothing if not a banana.

5 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

I am breathless at how much I loved this post! Great story and I loved the pictures. You were really rocking that mad scientist look!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

A brilliant piece of embroidery Sans. You may choose not to call yourself an author but your storytelling ability is not to be denied. Thank you!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Cheer34 said...

you have a very soothing way with words

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's soothing to know your country has the same bankers and politicians that we do here in the States. I know we share the same distress.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, thank you. It's amazing how normal I feel from inside, when from the outside I look every inch the mad scientist!
Did I mention I have the periodic table tattooed on my chest?

Dale, thank you Sir!

Cheer, I'm normally lying down when I hear that!

Teri, we are all in distress together, battling up the creek without any paddles, being chased by an army of geddons. I say hang spring cleaning and let's live life!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home