Monday, November 05, 2007

There ain't no Sanity Clause.

Bluewater Shopping Centre in Greenhithe, Kent, has taken the UK obesity crisis and wrapped it up for kids' this Christmas.The centre, which occupies 240 acres with 330 shops, restaurants and a 12-screen multiplex cinema, has set up a boot-camp for their Christmas Santas.
Worried what influence an overweight Santa might have on young children, the Shopping Centre management have decreed that all their Santas be leaner and fitter.


Shown above a fitness trainer conducts the Santas in a full kit 12 mile run.

7 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

"A leaner and fitter, Santa." that's just crazy.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Cheer34 said...

next they will say the twinkle in his eye is becasue he is under the influence and make him go to rehab.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Let's go one step further and demand they all be "hot" and "buff" and wear red short-shorts and muscle shirts....

8:25 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Yes to Special K's idea. It's just cruel to make the Santas run in fur suits.

Sans, I've tagged you for a hometown meme!

8:03 AM  
Blogger SkylersDad said...

Geeez. Don't go messin with my childhood memories!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Guess I'll swap my sugar cookies and milk that I normally leave for Santa with the carrots I leave for his reindeer.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Teri, these are times we live in...

Cheer34, I thought that was true...well alcohol anyway.

Special K, I see a trend developing here...

Julia, pole dancing Santas.. meme research under way..

Skyler's Dad, I would take the report with a pinch of salt...

Jamie; Welcome! That would help Santa see in the dark too!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home