Saturday, June 30, 2007

Six Weird Things...

Doctor Mom has tagged me with:
Six Weird Things I do While Getting Ready for Sleep or While Sleeping.

I'm not very good at memes as everyone knows. I'm at least three behind. I haven't forgotten and I'm not ignoring the tags, it's just that I'm unreliable and capricious.If I can do a meme quickly, then it stands a chance. If I have to give it thought and planning, it doesn't stand any chance of being completed this side of dimension 5.

  1. I collect a great deal of junk; so much in fact I once ran out of storage space and decided I could do without a bed. All that inefficient usage of valuable space taken by an instrument I use only at night. Ha! I replaced my bed with a reclining chair that I could fold down at night to sleep on, and during the day I could sit on it next to the newly forming vertical stacks of junk. This lasted one year after which I had destroyed my spine. I can no longer sleep on my back. I still have lots of junk. I dig tunnels.

  2. During this last blogging year, it has been all too common for me to retire to sleep at 11pm EST. I need to get up for work at 1am EST. Hence I complain about being tired and exhausted. Don't ask me why, you know why.

  3. Everything about my life is weird. This makes everything seem normal to me. Go figure.

  4. I have a pet tortoise on the 5708TX ethernet switch next to my bed. His name is Alan. I say goodnight Alan every night. He never replies.

  5. I have oscilloscopes on both sides of my bed. I monitor my REM sleep patterns and record them for posterity.

  6. I have upgraded all my collection of seventeen torches to LED.
See, completely normal.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bluepaintred said...

you really got rid of your bed?

I love my bed and it loves me.

We will be together forever!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

I keep my oscilloscopes in the basement, not next to my bed. That's just weird.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

Sans, if I've ever kept you awake across the pond with some stupid request that you visit one of my blog parties or that you help me fix my html, I apologize. You need more than 3 hours sleep, mister!

As for you getting rid of your bed to make more room for your clutter? I'm not even touching that subject. You're scaring me.

:)

Hugs!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

BPR, yes I did for one year. You remind me of Homer's slumberland.

Nobody™, You may well be right. I didn't mention my two PDP11/84's and my SEM.

Zed; Sorry if that statement comes across as terse. It's not meant to be. I do it because I love it. I love you guys. As for the bed thing, it was the logical choice. That's why I'm not a Starship Captain. I soon repented. [hugs]!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

I usually describe my decorating style as "You know how Merlin has all these tottering piles of books and things for his spells up in his tower? Well, that's what my apartment looks like." People think I'm joking, but I'm not.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Julia, vertical stacking is a worldwide phenomenon. We should write a paper about it; how separate stacks suddenly form a bridge once they reach a certain height. Earliest note of mine is this post of Zed's.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Zed said...

You're not ... you're not a Starship Captain?? Since when?!

Have a great Sunday!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Doctor Mom™ said...

Well Done Sans!
Thanks for playing!
I'm incredibly glad to hear that you are more normal than I had envisioned!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

http://www.theactigraph.com/productsGT1M.asp

You need and Actigraph to augment your oscilloscopes.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Whoops! Tha is supposed to be "An" Actigraph.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Zed; Thank you. I never made the grade. Starfleet Academy class of
2084.


Doctor Mom™; Normal Joe. Yup, normal. Major Lone.

Identity Crisis; I had a look at the Actigraph. Very interesting piece of kit. I have laid down some plans for the recording of Alpha patterns. Time, depth and phase in four quadrants.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

Let me know when your gizmo reaches beta testing. ;]

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home