Friday, December 15, 2006

Long, long ago...

Mr Dick Small expressed an interest in some of my past artistic efforts. These are a mixture of oil, acrylic and household gloss paint. They were all done at least 33 years ago. The only thing I have done since is a mural on my Sister's utility room wall; I think.

I cannot find the original of this painting, so this is extracted from a photograph. Sorry for the lack of image quality. It's a fantasy female face painted in acrylic. I am not responsible for that wallpaper. It is a copy of an illustration by a well known artist of the time, whose name I cannot remember.


This is a poster inspired by the George Lucas film THX1138. It's done with household gloss paint and stuck-on paper stars because I'm lazy and couldn't be ars*d painting a lot of stars.


This is the girl a had a crush on in high school. That time in my young life when I had raging hormones and was all bullet and no bang. Of course she never knew, she was popular and I was a male version of Daria Morgendorffer.

I did many posters, probably some of which are still stored in my attic. I was never any good at painting but at least I had a go.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think they're great, Sans. One of these days I'll post....

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I'm lost on the phrase: "all bullet and no bang". I have no idea what that means.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I miss Daria....

5:43 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I guess growing up, Dick never had a problem getting banged.

I think your artwork is beautiful. It is hard to believe it is as old as *I* am! I can't believe you were so talented at 5 years old, either!

Oh, wait. You were a teenager....

Dang, my math skills escape me again.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I remember paint by numbers too.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

Nice looking work, Sans. If you have more stuff, my interest is piqued.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My interest is piqued, too!

I also miss Daria. Someone once told me I was the Daria/Mary Poppins love child.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Dick, Thank You. It means I had the weaponry but no firing range.

Mel, I miss Daria too. Did you get any DVD's? There are some episodes on youtube.

Lynda, I think Dick is toying with us. Thank you for your kind comments. I hope I'm growing old gracefully. I think I turned to my profession to express my creative side, but once PC graphics tools became available I started making pictures again.

Ritardo, I did a few of those too.

Chris, Thank You. I'll need to explore my attic.

Amy, I'm sure that description exists in many quadrants, positive and negative.
Daria was/is very well written.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Hey-- that looks like me!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home