Saturday, August 11, 2012

Truth Is Stranger Than Non-Fiction.

Or: I have enough mysteries to solve; anyone want to pick this one up?

As part of my continuing descent into the rabbit hole of pleasure and pain that is the past, I have been purchasing many old books in an attempt to answer the myriad of questions that cling to the inside of my head.

One such book that I received yesterday, A Memoir of William Sharp written by his wife, Elizabeth A. Sharp, and published by Duffield & Company, New York in 1910, contained the signature shown below on the recto of the first illustration.
This book is about the life of a Scottish writer and poet, and has nothing to do with baseball whatsoever. It is an ex-library book as well.
The signature is written in pencil and looks genuine, but who knows. Yet another mystery for Sans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home