Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life's Twists And Turns.

Something has happened. Dramatic. Future changing.
No, not really.
Have you ever had a love from your past life come up behind you and tap your shoulder?
It can be disturbing, especially when you can't remember the moves you made, only glimpses of fast moving vital turns and twists.
You take hold of her again, gripping hard, trying to start from where you left off, so many, many years ago.
Twisting, turning, shifting weight and position, teasing, tempting, trying to recapture all those lost years.

But, to no avail. The spark is gone; lost in the great gap of frustration that is life past.

The need is to recharge, to re-acquire the light than once shone bright.

Practice makes perfect.

Okay, not perfect, but satisfactory. And this is the story since Christmas, my story.

My great neice got a Rubik's cube for Christmas, and to my everlasting shame, I could not solve it for her. My memory had failed me in a crucial algorithm. This simply will not do I thought.

On return to my Pantalunatic cave I searched high & low, and finally in box #137 I found the previous loves of my life. I am now hooked again, fully algorithm restored and nearly back to three minutes. Blogging may be taking a back seat for a little while.

13 Comments:

Blogger SkylersDad said...

I was never successful in solving one of those evil little bastards!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Miss Alex said...

Man you had me goin... I didnt see you were talking about the cube ha ahhhhahahahaaaa

7:01 PM  
Blogger Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

I still have mine from the original mold years ago. I still have to read the book to solve it.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

The cube is back in fashion here too. I can do two "layers" but I have forgotten how to finish it off. Grrrrrrr!!!!

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, you guys got it all wrong. You're frustrating yourselves over nothing. You forgot the main thing to solving the cube: If you can't solve it, you take it apart then put it back together again. I must've solved that puzzle a million times thanks to that little trick.

4:23 AM  
Blogger bernthis said...

i feel the same way about Jigsaw puzzles. If I get one, you will never hear from me again until it is done and I prefer the 1000 to 1500 piece ones.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Just Dave said...

You mean to tell me there is a way to solve that puzzle besides peeling all the stickers off and sticking the same colors on one side? Well, I'll be damned.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the individual color squares pop out, then you just snap it back together again.
I thought everybody knew that one.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Cheer34 said...

I never had one of those damn cubes...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Can't do it. A guy at work had one that was a 5x5 and he solve it in around 20 minutes.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

ChrisSD, it is a good skill to have.

Miss Alex, I thought that might happen!

Ritardo, practice is memory training...

Scarlet, google is king!

Joe, that is not cricket!

Jessica, I like jigsaw puzzles too!

Dave, tisk, tisk...

Joe, I shake my head...

Cheer, it makes a good hobby...

Nobody™, I have never tried a 5x5. I may have to invest...

3:16 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

Clever start to this post, Sans!! I was completely taken in... but I've never solved the cube, so you see where my mind tends to go!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Bubbles, I'm sorry for misleading you, even for a few moments. I thought it was okay at the time of writing, but I have since re-considered.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home