Sunday, May 18, 2008

Make a Wish Meme.

Julia has tagged me with the make a wish meme. Here is what it entails:

1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart's desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the wishing star flame across the night sky.

2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.

3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on the picture.

4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.

5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to Linda at Are We There Yet so that she can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.

Here is mine:

Well, it may be somewhat of a cliché, but if we ever needed a cliché, we need it today. It may be a forlorn hope, so don't count your blue beaks.
I believe that all good things come to those that wait, but many say that although the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak, and there is not a ghost that peace will be given a chance.

I live in hip hop.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a nice thought, even if not possible.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, but, Sans, we still need good guys like you to keep hope alive!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Sans - it took me forever to learn how to put text on a graphic. And you made your own newspaper, with personalized headlines. And what a beautiful wish. I wish it, too. Wishing for peace is never cliche, by the way. It's courageous.

3:42 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

The world changes one mind and one heart at a time. Sadly, some minds don't connect with hearts; and some people believe sameness in all people is possible. In spite of those sad obstacles, peace is possible - but lots of minds and hearts need to believe it.

For today, I am happy with peace in my house. I have a little bit of influence there. A little. :-)

Oh, Sans... a little technical assistance please. I don't have a right click button. I have a MAC. I actually miss my right click.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Cat, I concur, but will never stop wishing for it.

Geo, thank you. I live in hip hop.

Julia, thank you. You learned a skill with Blogging as the catalyst. It is a beautiful wish, albeit unlikely to occur, nevertheless, I do wish it with all my heart. I was thinking of the stereotypical beauty pageant answer when the cliche idea came to mind. Are you comfortable now with placing text on graphics? I may do a tutorial post showing how to use Windows paint to do it.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Bubbles, I agree with you. One mind at a time. To right click on a MAC hold down the Control key while clicking, this should bring up a contextual menu. I have given some thought as to why we wage wars upon each other, and the answer isn't pretty. Still...

6:29 PM  
Blogger Julia Phillips Smith said...

Tutorial, please...

9:47 PM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

And that is my wish too....as mentioned in previous post!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Identity Crisis said...

World Peace, that is.

11:50 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

I'll try it! The control / click.

If I took the free MAC classes I'd probably know this, right? Instead I use my technical support team that have MACs at school. (blush)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Julia, in progress.

Identity, I knew that.

Bubbles, please let me know if it works okay. Any USB port in a storm...

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home