Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sans meets Black Bart.

It's a tough life being a Cattle Rancher. Today I ran slap bang into Black Bart in the Hoots Mon Saloon. We gave each other the evil eye, which was difficult for me because I couldn't see diddly squat with my sunglasses on. I tried to remember the advice given by The Stranger..."He draws to the left so lean to the right. There's a wind from the east - better aim to the west. He crouches when he shoots so stand on your toes."


It was okay though, I was taller than he in my great hat. He was slightly faster on the draw than I, something to do with being further away from the Earth's core according to my old physics teacher. We both saw the error of our ways, and renounced violence forever. We then had a few beers together at the bar and laughed and sang until closing time.

N.B. This ending appended after test audiences were shocked and appalled at the real ending.


16 Comments:

Blogger Scarlet said...

"Have sporren, will travel"

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so damn talented, Sans! And cute, too. Talented and cute. And masculine yet sensitive in a verile, manly sort of way. And the proud bearer of the biggest hat I've ever seen.

I need to learn photoshop...

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and btw, what's a "sporren"..

4:43 AM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Scarlet, I now have a notch in it.

Dick; Sorry, I apologise for not answering your question in the 'British Standard Whitworth' post. The round thing worn in front of the kilt is a sporran. It's just a purse for keeping valuables since the kilt does not have pockets. Wiki entry here.
Thank you for your kind comments.
I do like my hat!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

I wonder why this made me thing of you?

ROLF

6:03 PM  
Blogger bubbles said...

Sans

You rock. Thanks!!

Great hat. Great ending.

:-)

10:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

"I now have a notch in it."
Man, you're gripping it too tight!

Oh, right, I get it now. Sorry, I was thinking . . . forget it.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I bet Bart was jealous of your fine hat.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Some Guy said...

You continue to impress!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of songs did you sing?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

BPR, BwaHahaBwhaha! Those cats are way cooler than I.

AB, Thank you!

Scarlet, are you thinking of the four notch grip? In my younger days I used to have an eight notch grip, but I sold those clubs to a semi-pro.

Lynda; Yes, Bart was mighty envious, but it was destiny to remain mine.

Chris, I know my way around a revolver.

Amy, we sang 'Wild Mountain Thyme' of course and 'A Scottih Soldier' and 'Stewball' and 'Ten Green Bottles' and I can't remember much after that...

7:11 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

While your hat is big enough... your kilt is dapper enough, your beard is G.Q. enough...

I might recommend elevator shoes!

Where have you been?

We had Wordless Wednesday caption day last week and you didn't submit one :(

9:25 PM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Oh yeah... I scold you because I miss you!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Doctor Mom, Sorry I have not been to see you. I am engaged in work related projects which are taking up 90% of my available time. I shall make amends...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

I have nothing ingenius to say except "you crack me up"!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Thanks Teri!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home