Friday, November 17, 2006

A walk in the Glen.

I decided to go for a walk this afternoon. It was raining, I got very wet, v e r y wet.
I have been intending to take some autumnal pictures, but have obviously left it too late to catch the full spectrum.

These are taken in a small glen near my place of work. Clicking on a thumbnail will enable a larger view.

WALK12WALK11WALK10WALK7A view of the footpath
WALK6WALK4WALK2WALK1



A view of the waterfall

I arrived back at my office and removed my soaking wet outer garments. I made a warming cup of coffee and watched as the sky cleared and the sun came out creating a beautiful rainbow.


A view of the rainbow
The moral of this post is :
Don't be sans pantaloons in the rain.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Goregous pics sans!! I am sorry you got wet but I am enjoying your walk :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Doctor Momâ„¢ said...

Sans-- Absolutely beautiful!

I felt as if I were right there!

Now, I need to change clothes, I'm drenched for some reason

10:13 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Great photos, Andy. I wish I had that outside my door at work....ummmm, no I don't I wouldn't get any work done because I'd be outside next to the "babbling brook" all day....

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I usually have to be sans pantaloons when I get back into the house. I missed taking autumn pictures too. One bad wind storm and it is over.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. I'd get wet for that.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Mel, Thank you. I enjoyed it too. It's a pity I didn't see any wildlife. They probably had better sense.

Doctor Mom, Thank you. I may take video if I do it again.

Teri, Thank you. It is better during the summer for a lunchtime walk. Very calming. It might be interesting to take some pictures after the first fall of snow.

Lynda, luckily the Glen is sheltered from the high winds we have had recently. Either that or it's just the stubborn Scottish leaves.

Amy, Thank you. I don't really mind getting too wet in the rain. At least I didn't fall into the brook. As a child I always fell in. Something to do with being an aquarian.

Dick, Thank You. I might just do pictures of the same walk with snow.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pix Sans.
I would love to visit Scotland someday.
Can I stay with you and the missus?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

You may have got wet, but look at the fantastic scenery. I belive its worth it.

Well done.

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots Sans! You are so talented in so many areas. It's an honor to know you really...

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home