Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This one I may regret...

This is for Blogarita.

I've been whistling, humming and singing this song for a few weeks now, so I thought I should share my dissonance with the world. It isn't great - be warned.


And we'll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

Oh, the summertime is coming,
And the trees are sweetly blooming
Where the wild mountain thyme,
Grows around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

And we'll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

I will build my love a bower,
By yon pure crystal fountain
And around it I will pile,
All the flowers of the mountain
Will ye go lassie go?

And we'll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

If my true love, will 'ner go with me,
I will surely find another
Where the wild mountain thyme,
Grows around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

And we'll all go together
To pick wild mountain thyme
All around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

Oh, the autumntime is coming,
And the leaves are gently falling
Where the wild mountain thyme
Grows around the bloomin' heather
Will ye go lassie go?

And we'll all go together
To the wild mountain side
All around the purple heather
Will ye go lassie go?


Click for song, well maybe song is too promising.


Clicking on the graphic should load my rendition. It is just an MP3 so it will hopefully be opened by whatever application handles your MP3 files. It is being hosted by me, so it will be slow, or may not work at all. Maybe not at all is the better option.

Update: THYME.mp3 is now hosted by Mydatabus.com and it doesn't appear that they send MIME type info with the file, so it may just ask if you wish to download it. It's 2.5 Meg and will appear on my forthcoming album, Scottish Noise.

Update Update!: THYME.mp3 has returned to being hosted by me as Mydatabus.com sucks monkey ass. Please be forewarned that if your ears bleed, I cannot be held legally responsible.
My album, Scottish Noise, appeared in bargin bins for one day before being shipped to landfill.

16 Comments:

Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Apologies to Mr. Dick Small who does not have speakers.
If anyone is having problems, another option is right-click and save target as thyme.mp3

Or I can find a real host, or I can add pictures and place it in the big photo bucket.
Any other suggestions are welcome.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Blogarita said...

Thank you, thank you, Andy! I'm so flattered that you dedicated this to me. That was wonderful!

All of us American women will be swept off our feet by your accent.

:)

(For those who may not know, Andy left a comment about this song on my blog.)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

What a shame I don't have speakers, but I love it regardless!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Rapunzel said...

That is SO beautiful, sweetie!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You are braver than I am....

1:24 PM  
Blogger Bluepaintred said...

i was singing it in my head (or trying too) so i was super excited to see the icon so i could hear it as it was ment to be!

its beauty!

pee ess... I LOVE your voice!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Ok, I listened. Dang, I wish I had an accent. :(

3:11 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

I can't hear it. I hate my life. Well okay, so I don't REALLY hate my life, but it DOES suck at times. Like now.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

I'd give anything to hear that sweet english voice of yours ....

3:34 PM  
Blogger Dick Small said...

.. or is it Scottish...

3:35 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Thanks. My girls were right near me and arguing over some fashion faux pas or who took the last cheese slice, so I played it..loud. Worked a treat. Thanks.

It is good, really.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous teri said...

I loved the lovely Scottish brogue. Not too shabby.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Simon Cowell said...

Wow! That was GREAT! You are in the top 2% of those with a fantastic voice. I need you on American Idol today. I have sent you an email - call me.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Dale said...

I particularly love the fact that the genre that came up in iTunes is HORROR.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Special K said...

Is it wrong that I'm turned on by listening to this?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sans Pantaloons said...

Dale, I'm glad I did that!

Special K, Of course it's not wrong. In fact I'm getting turned on knowing that you're getting turned on. All over the planet MP3 players are getting turned on!

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home